It’s June. It’s hot. There are 10 days of school left. I’m stressed out and I’m sweaty. When these factors combine, I want to cool off and I want to eat junk. Luckily, there’ve been lots of blog posts about homemade ice cream and popsicles. I haven’t tried any of them yet (though we did make some yummy strawberry/yogurt pops last week), but I definitely have plans to–once final exams are over. In the meanwhile, the 2 containers of Ben and Jerry’s in our freezer are gonna have to help me pull through.
- Strawberry Ice Cream from YumSugar
- 20 Cool Ice Cream Concoctions are featured on the Kitchn
- Tasty Kitchen has a post linking to over 30 ice cream/frozen yougurt/sorbet recipes. Yes, please!
- Blueberry Buttermilk Ice Cream on Grist
- The Tasty Kitchen post also links to a David Lebovitz article I’ve been dreaming of: “How to Make Ice Cream Without a Machine”. Now maybe I can stop dreaming of buying the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchenaid and start making ice cream!
- Slashfood has a new idea for an ice cream sandwich–put ice cream between 2 Pop Tarts.
- Rachel’s Tropical Popsicles – I cannot wait to make these…as soon as I purchase a new popsicle mold. Ours sustained some damage during the removal of our last batch.
- Homemade Mango Coconut Popsicles on $5 Dinners
- Chocolate Banana Popsicles on Whole Foods Kids. Yes, please.
Finally, though it has nothing to do with frozen desserts, Cheap Healthy Good just re-posted an excellent piece on keeping cool when it’s hot outside (and inside).
Best of luck staying cool!