I’m a little bit more than 6 months into my first 101 in 1001 list. Now seems like as good a time as any to look over my list and see how it’s going, now that I’m 1/6th of the way through my alotted time.
Done: 7 out of 101 items
11. Take a personal day to do something fun (5/18/2012)
15. Join/start a bible study group (2/6/2012)
39. Go to Katz’s Delicatessen (5/18/12)
40. Eat at a David Chang restaurant (5/18/12)
44. Make a perfect loaf of bread from scratch (challah-3/3/12)
52. Host a cookie swap (2/10/2012)
58. Mail someone baked goods (Ryn-3/12)
In Progress: 7 out of 101 items
18. Get together with at least 3 college friends (1: 3/2/12-3/4/12)
60. Create 15 original recipes (6 out of 15) — Until I checked my Recipage info, I didn’t realize that I’d made this much progress. I’m so impressed with myself!
56. Try 5 new restaurants in Berkshire County (’6 House Pub 2/20/12, Red Carpet Restaurant 4/19/12, The Old Forge Restaurant 5/26/12)
62. Save enough money for a house down payment
70. Watch the first 50 movies on IMBD’s top movies (7/50-click for details)
83. Attend a game for each high school sport — I’ve made it to track and softball…so, it’s a start…
89. Write 5 guest posts (2 out of 5)
Priority over the next 6 months: 16 out of 101 items
1. Pay off at least 1 student loan
4. Unplug from the phone, internet and television for a weekend — this seems like a much better summer project than a school year one!
8. Update my passport
13. Create a photo book of my summer 2011 vacation
19. Spend 2012 going through this decluttering/organization calendar — technically, this is “in progress”, but I fell off the wagon in March. Hopefully I’ll get back on track!
22. Write 15 snail mail letters to friends
23. Go on a trip with my sister – I want to do something with her before she gets married
31. Go indoor rock climbing – I bought a Groupon, so I guess I have to go now!
45. Bake a birthday cake — Planning to do this later this month
53. Can jelly or jam
73. Attend a Steeple Cats game — Already bought tickets for a community fundraiser
74. Go to a performance at Tanglewood — Planning to get tickets tomorrow
76. Attend Gordon College homecoming
95. Learn to use my new camera
99. Move all recipes to Recipage
100. Back up my blog
As I went through this list, I expected to stumble upon some items that I regretted putting on my list, but at this point I’m still pretty happy with all 101 of my items. I’m feeling good about what I’ve gotten done so far, especially when I look at all I’ve planned to do this summer.