Being a blogger is like working a 24 hour, 365 day a year job that I love. I love working on Relishments, but I’m constantly thinking of changes and updates I want to make to the site. Unfortunately, finding the time to actually make those updates is another story. I tend to put developing content first, which means that more often than not I don’t get to the other tasks I’d love to complete.
So I was pretty thrilled when Katy Widrick announced the 28-Day Blog Challenge.
Stating tomorrow, I’m going to take my focus off of creating content and turn it to doing all the other blog-related tasks I’ve been putting off for the past several months. I’m really excited to finally have the impetus to get things done. As a result, I probably won’t be posting as often, though I do have a few posts I’m looking forward to sharing and I’ll be sharing some of the improvements.
The 28 tasks I’m hoping to complete are:
1. New header image
2. Add Recipage to sidebar
3. Update menus/navigation bar
4. Add Pinterest button to sidebar
5. New “About” page
6. Update tags
7. Update categories
8. Create “local” pages
9. Add a disclaimer and review policy
10. Update or trash the “Books” page
11. Revamp or delete blogroll
12. Add the last of my recipes to Recipage
13. Authenticate Pinterest account
14. Fix or remove Twitter stream
15. Update Gravatar image
16. Update Klout info
17. Facebook welcome page
18. Update TweetDeek columns
19. Update Twitter background/header
Behind the Scenes
20. Reorganize Google Reader
21. Figure out what’s going on with my advertising
22. Draft 4 posts
23. Brainstorm 15 post ideas
24. Read and follow through on last years HLS notes
25. Set up a brand/blogger contact spreadsheet
26. Back up blog
27. Become familiar with my theme’s settings
28. Read the manual for my camera
Its not too late to join in. Check out the details on Katy’s blog.
And, as promised, the winner of my 4th year blogoversary giveaway:
Congratulations Shevie! I’m looking forward to sending the prize your way!