A year ago, I wrote a post looking forward to the new year and making some resolutions.
My specific goals for 2010 were:
- Go to the gym at least twice a week – Mixed results. Some weeks I made it, some weeks I didn’t. December was especially bad. I didn’t really keep track of how often I went, so I couldn’t really tell you if it averaged out to twice a week. Definitely something I plan to keep doing in 2011.
- Drink more water – Epic fail. I’m positive I’m not drinking any more than I was a year ago. 2011 will be the year of the do-over.
- Add new posts to Relishments at least twice a week – After looking over my posting calendar, I’m pleasantly surprised to discover that, except for a handful of weeks, I did post at least twice a week! Here’s to keeping up the good work! And, I brought back the Highlights (aka Links of the Week) as I’d hoped.
I also had some not so specific goals:
- Learn to bake really good bread – check and check!
- Learn to cook with tofu – check!
- Learn to make more things that I usually buy (bread, crackers, yogurt, etc) -I made bread and a lot of new things, but not crackers or yogurt.
- Maximize my freezer space – sometimes. Right now the freezer is overly full, so I guess that’s maximizing, right?
- Create original recipes – Still something I’m working on.
So, the 2010 resolutions had mixed success. I didn’t do all of the things I planned, but I did do a lot of other things:
- Met great blogger friends at the Healthy Living Summit in Chicago.
- Started new teaching jobs in January and September, as well as teaching summer school
- Earned an additional teaching certification
- Started canning
- Joined a CSA
Tomorrow, I’ll share with you my plans for 2011.
Do you make resolutions for the new year?