Welcome to September…a week ago! Surprising no one, the start of school has me feeling like I’ve been running a daily marathon without any training. Slowly but surely, I’m getting to know my students and getting into a school routine (which has included forgetting my phone at home twice and my work keys once). And though this month’s challenge may be later than planned, I will not leave you without a Relishments Bakes challenge for September.
If you need a reminder of how Relishments Bakes works, check out this page for all the details!
Relishments Bakes – October
In addition to the start of school, this month also contains my birthday! I don’t know what celebrating might entail this year, but it only seems appropriate that I bake myself a cake. My daughter (age 4) is also very excited about this idea. I’ve made a couple birthday cakes in my time, but it is definitely not something I’m proficient at. I’m looking forward to it. If you have a loved one with a September birthday, make them a cake! If not, make one in my honor.
- Best Birthday Cake (Smitten Kitchen) (which I made for my dad and husband’s birthdays in 2012)
- Favorite Fudge Birthday Cake (King Arthur Flour)
- Lemon Blueberry Cake (Shutterbean)
- Vegan Strawberry Cake (GF) (Minimalist Baker)
- Caramel Drenched Flourless Chocolate Cake (What’s Gaby Cooking)
- Triple Berry Vanilla Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (How Sweet Eats)
- Everybody’s Birthday Cake – Chocolate Peanut Butter (Joy the Baker)
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (David Lebovitz)
- Chocolate Dump-It Cake (Food52)
More than likely, I will make something from the book Cake Magic!: Mix & Match Your Way to 100 Amazing Combinations (affiliate link). It’s a great book with some unique cake ideas. I’ve had good results from everything I’ve tried from it.
Don’t forget to use #RelishmentsBakes on your social media posts and tag @relishments so I can see your quick bread results!