Broccoli and Potato Frittata
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets cut into small pieces
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil to a 10 inch, oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the diced potato and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Add the green onion and broccoli and stir to combine. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the 6 eggs to a bowl and beat gently with a fork. Add the 3 tablespoons of milk and ½ cup of cheddar cheese and stir to combine the ingredients evenly.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the egg/milk/cheese mixture to the vegetables, briefly stir to evenly distribute the ingredients. Let the pan sit for 5 minutes over the medium-low heat while the bottom of the frittata sets.
- Move the pan to the preheated oven. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven (using a hot mitt!). If the center is set, your frittata is done. If not, return it to the oven for several more minutes.
- Allow the frittata to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
[…] Broccoli & Potato Frittata + roasted acorn squash topped with maple syrup […]