Hi Relishments readers! I’m on maternity leave, but some awesome bloggers have volunteered to step in and keep new content coming your way. I may be popping in occasionally, but I really appreciate the opportunity to take some time off with our new addition. Please show my guest authors some love and check out their sites and social media! Today’s post is from Debra, who writes at Bowl Me Over.
Thank you Emily for the opportunity to guest post today! You have so much excitement happening with your new baby, congratulations! I’m honored to hop on over and share one of my favorite soups.
Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Deb and I blog over at www.Bowl-Me-Over.com Since I’m all about the bowl….I wanted to share with your readers one of my most popular posts a 20 minute Chicken Noodle Soup! It’s one of my readers favorites, I hope you will enjoy it too!
I mean who doesn’t love Chicken Noodle Soup? It’s delicious, a family favorite and when it takes just 20 minutes? Even better! This soup is super easy and uses some pantry shortcuts that offers slow cooked flavor without all the time & hassle. It’s a winner!!
Let’s get started by chopping some veggies – an onion, mushrooms, carrots, celery and mince one clove of garlic. You’ll need a two cups of rotisserie chicken, diced into a small half inch dice. You’ll want to be able to fit everything easily onto your soup spoon. Keep that in mind when dicing the vegetables and chicken.
Next you’ll heat a large stockpot on the stove over medium heat. Add the butter & olive oil and when it’s hot & bubbly, in go the onions, mushrooms, carrots & chopped celery. Also add in the spices and saute for about five minutes until the vegetables just begin to soften, add the garlic and chicken stock. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook according to package directions. Add in the diced chicken for the last minute or so since all it needs to do is heat thru. Remove from the heat and stir in the frozen peas, lemon juice & fresh parsley.
Dinner is done! And it only takes 20 minutes for this yummy homemade soup to be on your table.
20 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 red or yellow onion diced
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 carrot peeled & diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 lemon & 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 4 cups chicken stalk
- 1/2 cup angel hair pasta broken into 1/2 pieces or other small pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat the pan over medium high heat on the stove, add the butter & olive oil. Dice the onion & mushrooms. When the oil is hot & bubbly, add the onion & diced mushroom to the stock pan. Dice the carrots and celery and add them also. Add the bay leaf, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Stir and saute. Add the garlic and chicken stock. Increase to high heat and bring to a boil.
- When the pot is boiling, add the pasta - cook according to package directions (in my case using the angel hair pasta, it was about 6 minutes). Add the diced chicken the last 1 minute of cooking. It will only need to warm thru.
- Remove from heat when the timer is up for the pasta. Stir in the frozen peas. Add fresh lemon juice and minced parsley. Stir again & serve.
Hi I’m Debra and I’m sending warm greetings from sunny California. I am a serious foodie – I’ve been known as the go-to girl in our family for years, catering weddings and anniversary parties and in the summer help cook mountains of food for our family reunions. Often times things I create end up in a bowl, hence the name Bowl Me Over! Let’s stay connected! You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.