So, it’s Twosday, but it’s also Cinco de Mayo, so we’re going with 5 items per list today!
Reasons I haven’t been posting lately
1. It’s the end of my second to last semester of grad school
2. It’s also teacher evaluation time
3. I’m working my full time and my summer job at the same time
4. If the sun is out, I want to be out too
5. Honestly, I’m not sure, but my afternoons and evenings have been way too full
Other, more fun, things I’ve been doing with my time
1. Playing Mice and Mystics with Brian
2. Running my first 5k of the season
3. Enjoying 70 degree+ weather and sunshine with lots of walks
4. Seeing Avengers: The Age of Ultron in theaters
5. Attending my sister’s baby shower!
Things, along with blogging, that I’ve done an excellent job of procrastinating
1. Putting away clean clothes
2. Trying new recipes
3. Finalizing summer plans
4. Cleaning the bathroom
5. Replying to emails
Things currently in my “to read” pile
1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (I’m about halfway through this and it’s so good!)
2. The Martian by Andy Weir
3. Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work by Timothy Keller
4. Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking (I received this for Christmas, but I still haven’t made use of it and I need to read through all the introductory material.
5. So many blog posts. It’s funny, I used to refuse to go to bed with unread items in my Reader (and I read a lot more blogs then!), but now I go days without getting the chance to read. I’m mostly okay with that, but I’d like to do a little more blog reading.
Foods on my “to make” list
1. ice cream
5. new cocktails
Warm weather thoughts I have had this week
1. I think it’s getting to be time to make ice cream
2. Maybe this summer I’ll sew a skirt
3. Yay for planting herbs!
4. I want another pair of Crocs , because I wear these all the time
5. Less than a month until CSA pick ups resume!
Things everyone seems to be talking about lately
2. Having babies
3. Standardized testing
4. Food labeling
5. The magic of tidying up