Happy May (a few days late)! Thanks so much to everyone who was excited about the first month of Relishments Bakes! Even if you weren’t able to join in last month, I appreciate the encouragement and sharing of the post that so many of you did. And of course, you’re welcome to join in at any time!
In case you missed how this works, an explanation of Relishments Bakes:
- A new challenge every month – I’ll provide the theme and some links to recipe inspiration, but the final recipe you choose is up to you! Want to make the theme with a gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free or low sugar recipe? Do it! I’m excited to see how many variations on a recipe we can make.
- In addition to the recipe inspiration in the announcement post, each month’s challenge will have a Pinterest board full of ideas that I’ll add to throughout the month.
- Monthly themes will alternate between sweet and savory. We’re on savory this month — unless you really decide to be creative!
- I’ll post the results of my baking experiments late in the month here on the blog and on the Relishments social media feeds.
- Want to join in? Tag your baked goods with #RelishmentsBakes on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter – I’ll share some of my favorites here and on social media.
Relishments Bakes – May
May’s baking challenge is focaccia!
This will not be my first focaccia (I even made it for a King Arthur Flour Bakealong a couple of years ago), but baking focaccia is something I should definitely do more of. Overall, it’s a simple recipe: make a dough, stretch it out across a sheet pan or in a skillet, season and top it to your liking, and bake. The most difficult part of the process is making the dough, but that’s largely hands off. The result is a delicious, fluffy, flavorful bread that’s great with soup, salads, and pasta, but also can be used as sandwich bread.
Looking to participate in this month’s Relishments Bakes? These focaccia recipes caught my eye:
- Rosemary Focaccia from Gimme Some Oven
- Ligurian Focaccia from Salt Fat Acid Heat
- Pear and Pecan Streusel Focaccia from Red Star Yeast
- No Knead Focaccia Rolls from Budget Bytes
Need more? Check out the Relishments Bakes Pinterest Board!