Thanksgiving is so, so close. I’m really looking forward to it this year, though I can’t explain why my excitement is greater than usual. I’m looking forward to spending time with family, having a couple days off from work and eating lots of good food.
I’m sure that if I was hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, I’d have all my planning done by now. As it is, with no hosting in our future ever, I’ve got ideas in my head about what I want to do if the time ever comes. Nevertheless, I’m offering these highlights from the web in the event that you haven’t got your Thursday all planned out. Last week I covered general posts, Turkey ideas and suggestions for a meatless celebration. This week it’s side dishes, decorating and desserts. Enjoy!
Or, you could just skip this post and read Cheap Healthy Good’s 100+ Thanksgiving Recipes and Links – the Only Turkey Day Post You’ll Ever Need
- Polishing Pumpkins and Gourds for Indoor Use (Under the Table and Dreaming)
- Gravy Boat Alternatives You May Already Have (The Kitchn)
- Upgrade Your Thanksgiving Table Settings (Real Simple)
- Instant Thanksgiving Place Cards with Just One Tool (The Kitchn)
- 23 Tips, Tools and Ideas for a Perfect Pie (The Kitchn)
- Pumpkin Cream Pie (The Pioneer Woman)
- It’s Pie Week on Tasty Kitchen! (Tasty Kitchen)
- Beyond Pie: More Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas (Serious Eats)
Finally, if you’re not hosting this year, 10 Hostess Gifts to Bring on Thanksgiving (YumSugar)
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? I can never choose between pumpkin and pecan pie!
(Almost) every weekend, I choose a theme and highlight blog posts, websites and news articles from my Google Reader which I found interesting (and hope you do too!) If you want more reading, check out “What I’m Reading” on my sidebar. And don’t forget to add Relishments to your reader or “like” Relishments on Facebook!