Thanksgiving is a mere 11 days away. It’s probably my second favorite holiday (I plan on breaking out the Christmas decorations as soon as it’s over) and I’m really looking forward to next week.
It comes as no surprise that my Reader has been full of Thanksgiving related posts for the past month. I know my Highlights posts can get especially lengthy at holidays, so I’ll be breaking T-Day links into 2 posts, this week and next. To make things even more manageable (there were A LOT of posts), I limited each category to the 5 posts that I thought were most valuable. This week covers general Thanksgiving information, posts about turkey, and ideas for Thanksgiving that don’t involve meat. Enjoy!
- How to Get Invited to Thanksgiving Dinner (Serious Eats)
- Sabrina’s Thanksgiving Lunch Menu (Rhodey Girl Tests)
- 10 Steps to a Saner, Thrifter, Somewhat Healthier Thanksgiving (Cheap, Healthy, Good)
- 5 Myths About Thanksgiving Dinner (CNN’s Eatocracy)
- How to Fix 10 Common Thanksgiving Problems (Real Simple)
- The Pioneer Woman’s Favorite Turkey Brine (Pioneer Woman Cooks)
- How to Roast a Turkey without a Roasting Rack (Chow)
- How to Make Turducken in Under 24 Hours (Serious Eats)
- Thanksgiving Turkey Cake (Chow)
- The 5 Biggest Thanksgiving Turkey Mistakes & How To Avoid Them (Huffington Post)
- Homemade Vegan Tofurkey that Tastes Good (Chow)
- A Vegan Chef Dishes Up Thanksgiving (NY Times)
- Well’s Vegetarian Dishes (NY Times) New dishes will be added daily until Thanksgiving Day
- Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes Beyond Tofurkey (Serious Eats)
- Turkey-Less Feasts For A Vegetarian Thanksgiving (Epicurious)
My questions to you:
Have you ever hosted a vegetarian thanksgiving? What did you serve? We haven’t hosted Thanksgiving yet, but I’d love to someday. And hosting it meat-free is kind of tempting…
What’s your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal? It’s hard for me to pick one thing, but I’m a big stuffing fan.
Did I miss any awesome general, turkey or vegetarian links? Post them below!
(Almost) every weekend, I choose a theme and highlight blog posts, websites and news articles from my Google Reader which I found interesting (and hope you do too!) If you want more reading, check out “What I’m Reading” on my sidebar. And don’t forget to add Relishments to your reader or “like” Relishments on Facebook!