Highlights for January 10-16:
Things That Fascinate Me
- Why Paula Deen has deep fried so many random things. 7 Things Paula Deen Fried, from Food Network Humor.
- People who run marathons. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s awesome. I just can’t fathom doing it. Several bloggers ran the Disney Marathon last weekend–Great job Rachel, Meaghann, Kelly, and Caitlin!
- Ketchup. I don’t understand why people feel the need to put it on everything they eat. I never use it as a condiment and only in extremely rare cases as an ingredient. A Hamburger Today has a piece on The Case Against Ketchup. “A burger worth eating is worth eating plain.” Agreed.
- The ingredients they put in “fast” food. As though I needed more reasons to not eat it, Change.org has a list of the 10 most common ingredients in fast food.
- The amazing way in which bloggers are using their blogs to aid relief efforts in Haiti:
Chow.com has listed a few ways you can give.
Endless Simmer’s got a list of organizations that are providing food relief in Haiti.
MixMyGranola is giving $5 for each purchase of their pre-mixed cereal to Haiti relief efforts.
Clearly, we all are much more fortunate than those in Haiti, especially now. Pick an organization and give something–every little bit helps.