This is the sort of post I should’ve written months, if not years, ago. Somehow, I have never talked about my favorite local ice cream shop, The Rainbow Shack.
5 Reasons I Love Rainbow Shack:
1. Location – The Rainbow Shack is slightly off the main drag in Adams, but it’s easy to find, not far from the Ashwillticook Rail Trail and there’s always street parking nearby.
2. Indoor seating — I like ordering at a window and sitting at picnic tables sometimes, but sometimes it’s also nice to be inside.
3. Popularity – Rainbow Shack is the sort of place people agree on. And informal poll of my Facebook friends says that it’s true – Rainbow Shack is awesome.
4. Variety – I almost always get hard ice cream at Rainbow Shack, but they also have soft serve, sundaes, milkshakes, slush puppies, hurricanes and soda floats.
5. Serving size – Pictured is “one scoop” of ice cream. Their portions are definitely on the large side, which makes a trip totally worth the money. By the way, the flavor shown was a new one to me: Deer Tracks. Deer Tracks is coffee ice cream with fudge swirl and heath bar. It’s like someone designed the flavor just for me.