As I’m sure you’ve gathered by now, life’s been a little busy in my neck of the woods. Sometimes I’m organized enough to make something complicated for dinner, but more often I’ve just been throwing things together at the last minute. This was especially true before our CSA pick ups resumed.
In busy times and the summertime, this Quick Chickpea Salad is one of my favorite quick recipes. We’re big chickpea fans in my house and I always have cans in the pantry. If I can get my act together, I make them from dried as well. This recipe makes a great side dish for a picnic or a quick lunch with crackers or toast. It uses pantry ingredients you likely have on hand and lends itself to infinite customization.
Quick Chickpea Salad
- 1 can 15 oz chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!