Last Friday, Brian and I were picking up our vegetables at the farm, like we do. As we pondered our options (aloud, no doubt to the pleasure of the other people in attendance), I suggested that I could make potato soup this week. Our CSA manager piped in with “Know what’s really good? Roasted Romanesco and Potato Soup”. So we grabbed some potatoes and a Romanesco cauliflower and tonight, I turned it into soup.
Roasted Romanesco Cauliflower and Potato Soup
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 small head Romanesco cauliflower
- olive oil
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop the potatoes (I left the peel on) and Romanesco cauliflower into roughly 1 inch pieces.
- Toss them lightly in olive oil and spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly browned on the edges and a fork can be easily inserted into the potatoes
- After the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked, add them to a soup pot along with the vegetable broth and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove the soup from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree about half of the soup (more or less, to taste). Stir in the heavy cream.
Hello….I made your Romanesco Califlower potatoe soup today…..It is Excellent and so very easy to prepare. I did peel most of the peelings off the potatoes and added alittle more cream.
Will make this soup often:-)
So glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading.