Well, it’s certainly been an interesting few weeks, hasn’t it? My school is closed for the next 2 weeks, we’ve pulled the kids out of daycare and our church isn’t meeting. We’re prepared to be as hunkered down as possible for at least the next fourteen days. It’s all so surreal.
If you need a reminder of how Relishments Bakes works, check out this page for all the details!
Relishments Bakes – March
Unable to find the time to write posts, I was planning to skip Relishments Bakes this month. But now, with many people practicing social distancing and finding themselves home more than expected, baking seems like a perfect way to spend time. I’m not setting a specific prompt for this month. Assess what’s in your cabinets, your level of motivation and who else is in your home, then choose what will work best for you.
I’m planning to bake over the next few weeks (or more?) because baking makes me feel accomplished and productive. Eating baked goods makes me happy. Spending time with my three-year-old in the kitchen keeps her entertained and provides her with useful skills. Baking during our self-imposed isolation will make things just a little better.
Here’s what I’m considering making:
- Earl Grey Yogurt Cake – Bon Appétit
- Flourless Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies – Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Classic White Sandwich Bread – King Arthur Flour
And here are some of my favorite recipes:
- Quaker’s Best Oatmeal Cookies – Quaker Oats (I always put chocolate chips in mine)
- The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day Master Recipe – Artisan Bread in 5. I wrote about my obsession with this method in 2016.
- Dill, Red Onion and Cheese Biscuits – Everybody Loves Sandwiches – This is a very versatile recipe and I’ve made it with lots of variations.
- Earl Grey Shortbread – my cookie swap go-to
- English Muffin Bread – Foodie with Family
- Or check out any of the previous Relishments Bakes challenges – each post contains lots of inspiration!
Don’t forget to use #RelishmentsBakes on your social media posts and tag @relishments so I can see your isolation-inspired results!