After4 fun filled days at the Healthy Living Summit in Boston (technically Cambridge), it was a bit sad to come home again. This was my third time at HLS and, though I’m still digesting everything I learned, I think it was the best yet. Still, it’s good to be back in my own bed and I’m really excited about putting some of the things I learned into action.
things that were different about this year’s summit
1. mini-mingles–small group meet ups at various locations (J.P. Licks, Whole Foods, Flour Bakery) which allowed participants to interact on a smaller scale
2. separate twitter hashtags and predetermined live bloggers for every session, which made it simpler to choose which session to attend (since it’s easy to see what I missed at the others)
things I learned about my camera from Gretchen’s presentation
1. The difference between f/stop, aperture and ISO
2. Using a higher ISO setting lets in more light, but potentially adds more graininess to the photo. Use the lowest ISO possible.
delicious things I ate
1. cannoli from Mike’s Pastry
2. smoked salmon eggs benedict from The Friendly Toast
new friends made
1. Danielle from Dish ‘n’ Dash
2. Dori from Dori’s Shiny Blog
ideas I got for my upcoming blog facelift from Julie’s presentation on blog design
1. fontsquirrel.com is a good source for fonts that can be uploaded to your site
2. Before doing a site makeover, use Pinterest to create a blog design interest board (snapito.com will allow you to post entire webpages)
online friends I was thrilled to finally meet
1. Rachel from The Life and Lessons of Rachel Wilkerson
2. Holly from The Healthy Everythingtarian (pictured above)
favorite swag items
1. Reebok RealFlex Fusion TR sneakers
2. Full size boxes of Cascadian Farm granola
new tools I’ve started using
1. Instagram (my user name is relishments–follow me!)
other fun things I involved myself in
1. a wine tasting at Mount Auburn Cemetery
2. taking my first not terrible pictures in a photo booth
(Twosday inspired by Then Heather Said)
Wine tasting?! How did I miss that?!
It was good seeing you again at HLS! And I agree, it was the best yet, and I believe Heather and Julie deserve the credit for that – seriously, are they rockstars or what?!? Thanks for helping us stuff bags on Thursday!
You missed it because we didn’t really tell anyone we were going on Thursday night. But it was a really nice time! You definitely deserve some of the credit for putting on a great conference, it was great seeing you.
I really love this format, what a great way to share all the highlights of HLS! I’m so glad we met and roomed together, and I wish we had the chance to spend more time together. Hopefully next year!
Thanks! Heather gets all the credit for the format, but it was perfect for my currently overloaded brain!
Love this! It was great to see you this weekend! I hope that you have a good couple of weeks before the school year starts!!
Kristin @ FoodFash says
I love your summary of favorites!! My favorite of your favorites is you being on Instagram :)
Confession: I like it a lot!
Danielle @ Dish'n'Dash says
I love this format! So fun and gives a great highlight of the weekend. And I made it on the list?! what’s up with that!
I wish we could have hung out more! dang it that the summit is so short. I’ll just have to find an excuse to head down in your direction.
I’m kinda new to instagram too so we can explore the fun of it together!