Covers of Lorde’s “Royals” I’m especially enjoying
1. The “Gluten-Free” version
2. “Princess Zelda: Hy-Rulerz” from Nerdist
Articles I’ve read lately that are changing the way I think about what I purchase
1. Do You Really Know What’s In Your Tea? from Food Babe
2. Chocolate: the industry’s hidden truth (and the easy stuff we can do to still enjoy it) from Simple Mom
Foods that, if I have them in the house, I can’t help but grab some of every time I walk by
1. Hershey’s Kisses (which I am going to try not to purchase more of)
2. Roasted squash seeds (which I’m hoping to make many more batches of this fall/winter)
Things I don’t miss
1. Google Reader: I do miss the sharing with followers, but Feedly’s other offerings more than replace it
2. Our apartment: Boy is it nice to have room to put things! Maybe one of these days we’ll even paint something or get some more art hung. You know it’s bad when people come to visit and remark that nothing’s changed since the housewarming.
Signs that the Holiday Season is Here
1. Included in this Sunday’s paper: a Michael’s flyer featuring 50% off Christmas trees (tempting…) and the Target toy catalog. Also, I’ve received 3 catalogs I’ve never gotten before in the past 2 days.
2. Our Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes are due to church in 2 weeks. I better get shopping!
Signs that I am completely okay with it:
1. We turned on our “Mariah Carey- Holiday” Pandora station…and there’s been a lot of singing along going on
2. I’ve already begun writing my holiday gift guide to be posted next month
Features of winter I could do without
1. The lack of sunlight. Dark at 5:15? Is that really necessary? Now I want to climb in bed for the evening at 6:30.
2. The never ending discussion about how high the heat in our home will be set. Is it my fault I’m constantly cold from November to April?
Tasks I ought to do…but don’t quite have the motivation for
1. Emptying out the freezer and reorganizing it. We have a bottom freezer and it’s really hard for me to keep organized. Who knows what’s on the bottom that I’ve forgotten about.
2. Making the curtains which I’ve had fabric for since this summer. Every weekend I have really good intentions of starting, but it hasn’t happened yet.