Birthday month surprises I’m really enjoying (I turn 30 this month and Brian is giving me a present daily)
1. The book and lovely note (and list of historical events) from the teacher who mentored me in high school.
2. The announcement balloon (“It’s A Girl!”) from my birth, which my parents have apparently been holding on to for such an occasion.
Beginning of school year activities I have enjoyed more than a normal person should
1. Opening a new box of Crayola markers
2. Presenting my students with our new classroom library, which I was pleasantly surprised to find some of them as excited about as I am.
Fall activities I’m relishing…perhaps more than a normal person should
1. Going to The Apple Barn for my first cider donuts of the year (this was also a Birthday Month event)
2. Drinking hot tea when I get home from school. Not that I wasn’t drinking hot tea all summer, but it’s nice to be back in the routine of putting the kettle on when I get in and sitting down for a bit.
Websites I’m spending an awful lot of time on
1. StumbleUpon – I used to use StumbleUpon years and years ago, but only recently rediscovered it. I’m stumbling the posts I write and giving love to others I’m reading. If you’re using StumbleUpon, follow me and feel free to “stumble” my pages as you see fit!
2. Canva – I used to love PicMonkey, but we’ve broken up because I have a new love. Canva seems to offer many more options on all fronts (layouts, font options, frames, buttons, etc.) and I haven’t felt the need to pay for any of my designs yet because so many of the options are free. That said, there are a lot of stock photos available for use that I may pay for some day…
Exciting Relishments-related news
1. I have a (very small) blogging budget now! Any suggestions of what you’d like to see change around here? Should I buy a new theme?
2. I’m officially a staffer at Healthy Living Blogs. This is unrelated to #1, HLB is an unpaid position, but I am so excited to finally be –officially – part of the good work going on at Healthy Living Blogs.