Hey all! I’m freshly back from several days visiting with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and nephew in Maine. I’ve been doing my best to relax lately and I definitely did so while in Maine. Here’s a peek at what I’ve been up to for the past week.
Select board games played (we played a lot of games!)
1. Arkham Horror– this game was way more intense than any game I’ve played in a long time and I think we spent almost 4 hours playing…after a couple hours the night before figuring it out. Despite my exhaustion, it was really fun.
2. King of Tokyo– Brian received this gift, one of many on his wish list. I’ve only played it a couple times so far, but I’d recommend it, especially if you don’t want to put in all the mental effort of Arkham Horror.
Media consumed while relaxing at my parents’ house
1. Several classic Golden Books, which, as I read them to my nephew, were much weirder than I remembered. Poor saggy, baggy elephant.
2. The first 3 episodes of this season of The Taste. Nothing like binge watching.
New cook books recently added to my collection
1. Seriously Delish: 150 Recipes for People Who Totally Love Food by Jessica Merchant of How Sweet It Is – I was going to buy this book for myself if I didn’t get it for Christmas. I’m so excited to have a copy.
2. Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking– my plan is to start trying out this book tomorrow. The concept is so neat and I’ve been looking to upgrade my break baking recently.
Funny conversations with my 4 year old nephew
1. “Is Aunt Em my family?” Poor kid, he’s stuck with me, whether he likes it or not.
2. His insistence that he knew how to play every game the adults were starting to play, despite the fact that none of us had ever played them before.
Activities I wouldn’t mind doing more of
1. Eating Mom’s chocolate chip cookies as part of breakfast
2. Enjoying warmer than usual weather with walks along the ocean front
Mandatory stops made on the way home
1. The Holy Donut in Portland
2. The New Hampshire Wine and Liquor Outlet