Places we visited in 48 hours over the past weekend (we did a lot of driving this weekend)
1. Beverly, Massachusetts
2. Albany, New York
People I got to see this weekend, for the first time in two years
1. Brian’s aunt and uncle, who were visiting his cousin and his wife on the North Shore of Boston.
2. One of my college best friends/bridesmaids, who we met for brunch in Albany
Awesome food I ate over the (very busy!) weekend
1. Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Richardson’s in Middleton, MA. I don’t think I’d visited Richardson’s since college and it was delicious. Brian and I had a lovely time strolling the grounds, visiting the cows and watching mini gold players.
2. Brunch – I had scrambled eggs, corned beef hash, dill onion bread and home fries at Cafe Madison in Albany. We’d never been there before, but chose it for our brunch with my college friend anyway. I really enjoyed the food, atmosphere (outdoor seating!) and staff.
Fun with summer produce, as of late
1. Making pickles, as is the tradition every summer. This year we put up 17 total jars of spicy mustard, dill and garlic, and spicy dill pickles. In my mind, canning is always a bigger deal than it actually is when I get around to doing it.
2. Picking raspberries in my friend’s yard. She’s messaged me twice now to come over and pick from her abundance and she may be my new favorite person for it. I keep meaning to do more than just eat them out of the container, but they’re so good!
Other summer adventures I’ve enjoyed
1. Attending a free outdoor jazz concert at The Clark, with a picnic dinner where we ate these awesome Smoky Tempeh Sandwiches with Sundried Tomato Pesto
2. Lots and lots of walks. I’m trying to stay active; thank goodness Pokémon Go is helping encourage me to leave to house.
Pregnancy questions I’m going to start giving snarky answers to soon
1. “How are you feeling?” (This is a lovely question, but it’s the opening to almost every conversation I’ve had in the past month. I’m feeling really well, thank you)
2. “Have you chosen a name?” (No, I’ve chosen about twenty and I don’t really love any of them. And we’ll be keeping it secret for the foreseeable future).