It’s been a good fall in a lot of ways, but not a good fall for this poor blog. Do I have almost 15 weeks worth of CSA pick up photos that I never posted? Absolutely. Is the only reason that I’m actually getting this post written the fact that I was home one day last week with my sick 3-year-old for the two days in a row? Possibly. But I continue to be optimistic about writing here again regularly and there’s no time like the present to get started.
Highlights from the past few months:
- My daughter started kindergarten, is making amazing progress and is frequently complimented for her kindness.
- Current illness aside, my son has had a much healthier fall than he did last year.
- I am enjoying my current students so much and am back to teaching one of my favorite courses.
- I’ve been visiting lots of the local holiday markets which is a tradition I’ve really missed in recent years.
- We visited Brian’s side of the family for Thanksgiving and it was a really sweet time.
- I have been finding time to read and practice yoga regularly which has been delightful.
This week’s pick up is the first of our 7-pick-up winter CSA season. We always sign up for the full (main + winter) CSA season. We’ll pick up 20 items from Mighty Food Farm every other week through the end of February. It’s a lot of potatoes and squash, but there are occasional fun surprises available and the winter share definitely keeps me eating more produce in the winter months than I might otherwise.
The Pick Up
homemade chicken tenders with roasted Brussel sprouts (for adults), frozen broccoli (for kids), and egg noodles
falafel hash with rice and frozen broccoli (from Dinner for Everyone)
hot dogs with crispy oven potatoes and carrot sticks
modified Change Your Life Chicken (The Lazy Genius), sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes and frozen broccoli
Brian cooks – waffles and bacon
Couscous and Chicken with Tunisian Spices (from Dinner for Everyone)
pulled pork tacos/ quesadillas
pulled pork sandwiches with spinach salad
Easy Chana Masala (Minimalist Baker) with rice and spinach
One Pot Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Pasta (Half Baked Harvest0