Farmers' Market Cold Noodle Salad – with Instant Noodles
This cold noodle salad combines an Asian-style sauce with instant noodles and lots of fresh seasonal vegetables.
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce I always use low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the salad
- One 2-serving package of instant noodles I used JSL Foods Yakisoba Hot & Spicy Stir Fry Noodles - discard the seasoning packet
- 1 green onion white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels removed from one ear of corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup green and/or yellow beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup of cucumber quartered (about 1 small cucumber)
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
In a medium bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
Prepare the noodles according to the package directions but without the seasoning packet - you are making plain noodles. I combined my Yakisoba Hot & Spicy Stir Fry Noodles with 1/2 cup water and microwaved them for 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Other instant noodles may be cooked in the microwave or made using boiling water. Regardless of method, cook the noodles and drain any excess liquid.
Combine the noodles, sauce and vegetables in a medium bowl. Toss well so that all the noodles and vegetables are coated with sauce. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until the noodle salad is cooled through.
Serve and enjoy! This cold noodle salad will keep for a couple days in the refrigerator and the vegetables will keep some of their crunch.