Roasted CSA Foods I contributed to Thanksgiving dinner
1. Brussels sprouts (obsessed.)
Movies I’ve added to our Netflix queue, to be watched before Christmas
1. The Muppet Christmas Carol
2. White Christmas
Stores I dragged Brian into while we were visiting relatives for Thanksgiving
2. Paper Source (a new favorite)
Temptations I’m resisting
1. Opening the Christmas presents we got from my in-laws when we saw them for Thanksgiving
2. Opening the bag of Hershey Kisses I bought to make Peanut Butter Blossoms
Cookies I’ve baked recently
1. Cranberry Lemon Squares from Everybody Loves Sandwiches – I brought these to Thanksgiving dinner and they were a hit. I’ll be writing a post all about them soon.
2. Cinnamon Sugar Slice-and-Bake Cookies from Savvy Eats – these came to the first cookie swap of the year and they came out great. Plus they were really easy. I’ll definitely be making these again.
Tasks high on my holiday to do list
1. Putting up the Christmas tree. With Thanksgiving being so late and this weekend being so busy, we haven’t had a chance to pull everything out of the basement.
2. Writing Christmas cards. We ordered ours from Minted this year and I’m excited to share them with everyone. But why is ordering cards always so much easier than writing them?
Items we picked up at the Berkshire Grown Holiday Market the weekend before Thanksgiving
1. Hosta Hill’s Gochu Curry Kraut – as soon as I tasted it, I knew it had to buy a jar.
2. East Mountain Farm pork tenderloin, for Christmas dinner
Tasks I should be focusing on, rather than shopping and gift wrapping
1. Finishing my end of semester grad school project
2. Dealing with any one of the 103 unread messages in my inbox. I know, it’s making me crazy too.