I really want to write a full Healthy Living Summit 2013 debrief post, but this week probably isn’t the week to do so. In addition to being gone all weekend, this week is super super crazy. Still, I couldn’t let another day go by without sharing a little bit of my adventure.
Awesome places I ate
1. Chino Latino, where I shared Popocate, Queso Fundido and Coconut Shrimp Curry with some of my blogger friends. All of the dishes were excellent.
2. The Local, where I ordered the Patio Plate as an entree for dinner on Saturday night. It was the perfect choice; the cheese and the fruit were amazing.
Lessons I (re)learned
1. Drink lots of water, especially if you’re walking around in the sunshine. How many more times do I have to learn this one?
2. Bloggers are even more awesome in person
Minneapolis places I really enjoyed
1. Target – I didn’t realize that Target was headquartered in Minneapolis until I arrived. So, of course, I had to wander into the two story store just blocks from our hotel. The most shocking thing? I didn’t spend a dime!
2. Fulton Brewery – A group of us made the trek out to the tasting room on Friday afternoon and it was really fun. In addition to yummy beer poured by very friendly and accommodating staff, we had a great time getting to know each other and eating from a nearby food truck
Awesome food served at the summit
1. Make Your Own Soup Bar – with a selection of ingredients and your choice of broths
2. Make Your Own Fajitas
Attractions I didn’t check out
1. The Mall of America – If I’d had another day, I probably would’ve made the trek, but locals said it wasn’t worth it and it was a little far from the hotel given the amount of time I had
2. A Twin’s Game, but that shouldn’t surprise anyone
Purchases I’m happy with
1. Terra, by blogger Gretchen Powell
2. The less than $5 I paid to take the light rail to and from the airport and hotel. Easy, lovely, inexpensive.
I have a million more things to say, but 9:00 is seriously pushing it for bedtime this week. Stay tuned for a more cohesive post about my wonderful HLS trip when life settles down a bit.