I love cheese. Always have. In college, cheese was the snack of choice for my entire apartment senior year; if one of us was eating some, everyone else went to the fridge to get some for themselves. When I moved back home after graduation, a stick of string cheese and a cup of tea was my standard afternoon snack (Don’t look at me like that-if you love two things, you may as well put them together). Here I am, years later, still loving cheese. The blogosphere is doing an excellent job of encouraging my love:
First, this post from Fed Up With Lunch that articulates the number one reason I’m not a vegan: Why Being Dairy Free Sucks (hint: the answer is “no cheese”)
Apparently there’s a French cheese maker living in the mountains of Nepal. Hey, why not?
Chicken, Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Lasagna on Closet Cooking
The Kitchn has complied several links for DIY soft cheeses. I’ve never made my own cheese, but it sounds really interesting. Anyone have experience?
Cheesy Chili Mac from Serious Eats
Evan’s Raw Vegan Hazelnut Cream Cheese. Everything Evan’s made lately sounds delicious to me. He needs to stop making so many dessert recipes or my diet is going to consist of 85% chocolate (the other 15% would be cheese)
Disclaimer: As per usual, I haven’t tried any of these yet
What’s your favorite kind of cheese?
I’m a big fan of mozzarella, but Brian loves swiss.