It’s no secret that soup is one of my favorite foods to cook and to eat. Soup is one of the few things I look forward to during this time of year (other things: wearing sweaters, drinking more tea and the holiday season). Soup makes an appearance on our table at least once a week and as a result, there have been more recipes for soup on Relishments than anything else.
Some interesting soup-related hints came my way this week. The Kitchn suggests using fried garlic and nuts to top soup, which sounds like it would be worth a try. I keep meaning to make my own croutons as well, but that hasn’t happened yet.
Well Preserved had a piece about super-reduced stocks, which would certainly help me make more soup. I never seem to have enough broth or stock on hand. Still, the procedure seems like more work than I’d be willing to put into it.
Kelly wrote a review of Julie’s Soba Noodle Soup that I wrote about a few weeks ago (it’s funny how the internet works sometimes). Anyway, her review is much more complete than mine. It should be mentioned that Julie’s soup saved the day when we arrived home from Christmas vacation to an empty refrigerator and little motivation to cook.
And as you know, I’m always on the search for more recipes to add to my collection. Here are the soup ideas that have shown up in my Google Reader lately:
- Curried Acorn Squash & Roasted Apple Soup (The Healthy Everythingtarian)
- Beef with Barley Soup (Tasty Kitchen)
- New England Clam Chowder (Healthy Delicious)
- Greek Avgolemono/Lemon and Orzo Soup (Home Cooking in Montana)
- Lasagna Soup (Closet Cooking)
- Allergen-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup (It All Changes)
- Hearty Chicken Minestrone (The Kitchn)
- Tuscan Bean Soup with Shrimp (The Pioneer Woman)
- Carrot Soup with Miso and Sesame (Smitten Kitchen)
- Cheddar Ale Soup with Homemade Croutons ( Tracey’s Culinary Adventures via The Kitchn)
- 3 Easy Bean Soups – 30-Minute Tuscan White Bean Soup, 30-Minute Black Bean Soup and 30-Minute Pasta and Kidney Bean Soup (Pasta e Fagioli) (Serious Eats)
- 8 Healthy Soup and Stew Recipes (Huffington Post)