I, like most people in New England, had a snow day today. Here’s some of what it looked like:
Productive tasks I accomplished
1. Finally signing up for and setting up You Need a Budget. This program has been recommended to me by two separate people in the last couple months and I’m really excited to see how it works out. I’ll keep you posted!
2. Putting away the clothes that have been sitting on my floor since forever. Items included the bathing suit I brought to the hotel over Thanksgiving, stuff left in the suitcase from Christmas and skirts I haven’t worn since fall. There are a lot of things I’m good at. Putting away clothes is not one of them.
Other good uses of my time
1. Yoga. I’m supposed to be practicing 6 days a week. The first few weeks were awesome, but I’ve been slacking a bit lately. Here’s to getting back in the habit! I’ve been doing videos from Yoga with Adriene most days and I’m enjoying them a lot.
2. Cleaning out my inbox. It was ridiculous. It’s better now. I hope everyone is enjoying the emails they received from me today!
Kinds of tea I drank
1. Chai. I love chai.
2. Harney and Sons decaf Paris
Snow day activities I participated in
1. Shoveling. Brian and I finally bought a second shovel this winter which was a good investment and makes the work a lot easier, but it means I don’t get to stay inside curled up on the couch while he does all the work.
2. Making “snow cream” with fresh snow and maple syrup. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I’ve ever done that before, though that doesn’t seem possible. At any rate, it was delicious.
Foods I cooked
1. Whole Wheat Waffles, always a great choice for a slow morning
2. Roasted butternut squash and onions, mixed with spinach and blue cheese
As always, Twosdays are inspired by Then Heather Said