Delicious Restaurant Food I’ve Eaten Recently
1. Everything Brian and I ordered when we went out to dinner with our most recent guests at España Tapas Restaurant in North Adams. We enjoyed Chorizo Casero, Filloa Gallega and Piquillos de Navarra (full menu here). I’m working on finding an excuse to go back.
2. An Earl Grey tea latte with vanilla from Dottie’s Coffee Lounge in Pittsfield last Saturday. It was a rainy day and we had some time to kill. The server recommended the vanilla and it was a perfect addition.
Recipes I Revisited This Week
1. I tend to cook my gifts for Brian whenever possible and last month for his birthday he asked for a key lime pie. I made this recipe again, but used this crust recipe from All Recipes instead of the recipe listed (as it didn’t work so well last time). This time the crust worked great, though who knows if that was really due to the new recipe. Key lime pie is surprisingly easy to make, I might have to do it more often.
2. This summer squash galette gave me a little trouble this time around, as it was way hot in my kitchen and the dough didn’t want to cooperate. Luckily it all worked out in the end. I also substituted 5 ounces of goat cheese for the ricotta, which was an excellent decision.
Blog Posts in the Works
1. A post about my experience baking my own bread for the past 7 months. What started as a fun idea has turned into something I’m really proud of and am getting increasingly comfortable with. If you have any related questions, send them my way!
2. Inspired by Kelly, a post about why I never have (and probably never will) brought a computer to HLS.
Long Delayed Tasks I Finally Accomplished This Week
1. Listing the several boxes of books we purged during the move for sale on Amazon. I’ve been selling used book on there for years and I’ve been happy with how many we’ve sold. In the past couple days, 4 more have left our house and gone to new owners.
2. I finally finished making the photobook of our 2011 vacation to the Pacific Northwest! So what if it took me 2 years to get it done? It’s finally complete! I haven’t actually ordered it yet because Shutterfly routinely has good photobook sales, but it’s ready and waiting!
1. When is the right time to buy a plane ticket to HLS? I have a price alert set up on Kayak, but I know I’m just going to have to bite the bullet sooner or later.
2. What am I feeding the 2 groups of company we’ll have between this Friday and next Wednesday? I just want everyone to be happy–and full! And not overheated because I feel the need to use my oven to cook everything.
Summery Pandora Stations I’m Listening To
1. The Walk Off The Earth station Brian created — Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men and tons of awesome acoustic pop covers by artists I’ve never heard of. We haven’t liked or disliked or skipped a single song because the station is perfect the way it is.
2. Pandora’s pre-made 80’s alternative station. Who doesn’t need more of The Cure and Depeche Mode?
As always, Twosday is inspired by Heather.