(yes, I realize this is going up on Thursday, not on Tuesday. Blame my server.)
Recent articles that made me feel like I should apologize to everyone I know:
1. New Study Finds That Moms Aren’t as Annoying on Facebook as You Thought – my apologies to any new moms out there that I may have maligned; your babies are cute but I felt like I was seeing a lot of them. Perhaps it’s less true that I imagined, however.
2. Why You Should Never, Ever Put Two Spaces After A Period – I’ve heard this advice before…and refuse to follow it…but this article made me wonder if people are noticing and annoyed by my use of 2 spaces. An informal poll on my Facebook page was inconclusive. Leave your thoughts in the comments.
Things I finally did this week after literal months of procrastination:
1. Painted my toenails, with Orly’s “Oui” which I picked up this weekend during the grand opening of Pittsfield’s new Ulta store. It was my first experience in an Ulta store and I’m really excited to have a new source that sells beauty products that are a little more human and environmentally friendly.
2. Got my hair cut. At the moment, it looks great, but doesn’t it always on the day you get it cut? Even though my hair dresser and I talk every time I see her about the fact that I don’t routinely straighten my hair, she always straightens it, so we’ll see what it looks tomorrow when I simply blow dry it. At the very least, it won’t look as bad it as has for the past few weeks.
Visits I’m looking forward to during my break from school next week:
1. My college roommate and her family! Even though she only lives about an hour away away, we have a hard time getting our act together to see each other. It will be nice to reunite and see how much her kids have grown.
2. My sister! I’m going to take her to all the local thrift and used furniture stores; it’s going to be a good time. Also, we’ll probably make Brian crazy.
Things that are reminding me that winter will end, eventually
1. The beautiful flowers one of my party guests brought to my house almost two weeks ago. They’re holding up amazingly well and I can’t help but smile every time I see them.
2. The slow but steady increase in daylight. I especially noticed this when I left the house fifteen minutes later than usual this morning, but it is getting better regardless.
Show I am in the process of watching, for the first time
1. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
2. West Wing
Lessons I never learn
1. If I don’t drink my beverage (water, beer, wine, whatever) quickly enough, my husband will drink it. I never notice until I finally decide I am thirsty (this is often about 20 minutes after the meal is finished) and by then it’s long gone.
2. If I don’t cook something specific for lunch and/or breakfast, there won’t be anything I want to eat. I know this, and yet I’ve made it through half of this week with random food grabbed last minute.
House projects I’m ready to commit to completing
1. Painting the chalkboard wall in our kitchen
2. Buying curtains for our living room – we have shades now, but I think we’ve settled on heather gray curtains to accompany them. Now I just have to find the right ones and buy them!
As always, Twosday is inspired by Heather