I think this is the first Twosday post I’ve written since before the baby was born! Craziness! It’s also the post I’ve written in a few weeks. So, here’s to catching up, across the board!
Food adventures I’ve had recently
1. Roasting a turkey for the first time! I even bought a new roasting pan for the occasion. I was a little nervous about the adventure, but I followed these instructions from The Kitchn and didn’t even bother with basting (on the advice of other websites). The skin was crispy, the turkey decently moist and I was totally satisfied with the result. I’ll be making one again for sure (and I should probably roast chicken more often too, now that I own a roasting pan and everything).
2. Making the first half of this month’s King Arthur Flour Bakealong project – Almond Puff Loaf. If the final product lives up to the comments on the recipe, I’ll be thrilled. So far: it’s been the easiest Bakealong yet. I’ll be finishing it tomorrow!
Things Baby E is up to that I can’t get enough of
1. Waving to and blowing kisses at anyone she sees – supermarket clerks, bike riders on the Rail Trail, cars going by. It’s pretty stinkin’ cute.
2. Talking up a storm, entirely in unintelligible baby babble.
Things I cannot believe about Baby E lately
1. She will be 18 months in a couple weeks, where does the time go?
2. She is already wearing some 2T clothing.
Signs that spring really is coming to the Berkshires, despite the fact that it snowed yesterday…and flurried today
1. The crocuses have bloomed and the tulips are coming up.
2. I have two 5K races on the calendar, neither of which I’ve trained for even a little bit.